Each day begins and ends with beauty.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Rant for the Day......

Tonite while watching the news I saw the report on the woman (I call her woman, because she does not deserve the Mom word right now) who had punished her little boy with hot sauce in his mouth for lieing. I am not saying that most of us "Moms" have not tried soap or hot sauce once or twice while raising children, but she really got out of control with her screaming in his face!! I always wonder why people feel obliged to scream in faces and get in others "boxes" or protective zones as I call them. Then to top it all off, she actually put him in an ice cold shower while still screaming at him!! What kind of a person does this? Certainly not a Mom...at least not what I would describe as a Mother. Tempers flare with all of us. But this was a pre-meditated act...How do I know this??? Because before she did the dirty deeds, she asked him "What happens when you lie?" in his scared little boy voice he said "I get hot sauce" and "A cold shower"! Shame on her!!! Hopefully she will get some anger management help....or learn that not only is he learning to become a grownup...but she is too! and another thing....why on earth would you ever video yourself abusing someone?????

1 comment:

Malisa said...

I saw that too! I have lost my temper a few times but never anything compared to this! It is sad that the little boy knew exactly what was coming. How sad! It makes me wonder what her situation is. I always have a harder time when Wes is gone. That is usually when I'm at my wits end.

On a good note~~~ Love your blog! I'm excited to keep undated with all your happenings!! ;)